> I really don't get why people want to run linux/unix designed software
(i.e. Apache/MySQL) on a Windows box.

Offtopic:

It's not so much "want to" as "have to". If the organization has human
resources trained for Windows, dozens of machines running Windows, with
monitoring, backup, antivirus, etc. all already paid for & efficiently
managed on Windows, you can't add an odd machine to this mix without
running into huge resistance. Even amongst those running Linux, uniformity
is very much appreciated. You won't see many organizations running their
backend applications on more than 1 Linux distribution.

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 11:31 AM, Steven Carr <sjc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> The answer is in the log file.
>
> "Unrecognized character \xFD"
>
> When you have modified some of the configuration in SysConfig you have
> insert characters that Apache doesn't know how to decode (they could either
> be control characters when you have copy/pasted something in the browser,
> or I suspect more likely native language non-ASCII characters). So check
> the file for any invalid characters (hint use notepad++,  show invisible
> characters).
>
> Why not run it on linux? I really don't get why people want to run
> linux/unix designed software (i.e. Apache/MySQL) on a Windows box.
>
> Steve
>

> On 10 July 2013 08:05, Wielbert Collinson
> <wielbert.collin...@hitisem.com>wrote:
>
>> Hello Team,****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> We have installed 3.2.8 on windows 7 machine. We have not been able to
>> work on OTRS because apache 2.2 crashes sporadically.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> After the upgrade from 3.2.6 to 3.2.8 we have been facing this issue.
>> 3.2.8 is not stable and we are having problems for over a week/****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> We have pasted the error logs for apache in  http://pastebin.com/PPn4YRME
>> ****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> We are able to work on the windows server for about 30 minutes and it
>> starts to crash. We have replicated this on other systems in the network
>> and the program does not load.****
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Each time we have to access OTRS we need to restart Apache 2.2 Servers.**
>> **
>>
>> ** **
>>
>> Is there a permanent solution to this issue? ****
>>
>> ** **