Please note that this is just a WARNING. It's not an error - apart from
filling up your log file it does not hurt.
You'd only see this error message if you have a new enough IO::Socket::SSL
installed.

Also, in upcoming OTRS 3.3.x we've made changes to how we handle SSL
connections so you won't see this warning message anymore.

Michiel Beijen
Senior Developer

OTRS BV
Schipholweg 103
2316 XC Leiden
The Netherlands

T: +31 71 8200 255
I: http://www.otrs.com

OTRS 3.2 - More than a Help Desk System โ€“ Process and Customer Management โ€“
Be an early bird with our special offer - http://j.mp/11TFPSr

On Wed, Aug 21, 2013 at 7:12 PM, <jose.salvi...@accenture.com> wrote:

>  I feel as if I have finally found the root cause of all my issues. I
> found this in the PerlEX log: Can someone tell me how to force Perl to not
> require SSL or configure OTRS to use it? I would much rather NOT use it,
> but finding the โ€œoffโ€ switch in Perl has proven troublesome. As always, any
> assistance you can provide is very appreciated.****
>
> ** **
>
> *** 'C:\otrs\OTRS\bin\cgi-bin\index.pl' log message at: 2013/08/21
> 07:10:26****
>
> [Wed Aug 21 07:09:37 2013] -e:
>
> [Wed Aug 21 07:09:37 2013] -e:  Using the default of SSL_verify_mode of
> SSL_VERIFY_NONE for client****
>
> [Wed Aug 21 07:09:37 2013] -e:  is deprecated! Please set SSL_verify_mode
> to SSL_VERIFY_PEER****
>
> [Wed Aug 21 07:09:37 2013] -e:  together with SSL_ca_file|SSL_ca_path for
> verification.****
>
> [Wed Aug 21 07:09:37 2013] -e:  If you really don't want to verify the
> certificate and keep the****
>
> [Wed Aug 21 07:09:37 2013] -e:  connection open to Man-In-The-Middle
> attacks please set****
>
> [Wed Aug 21 07:09:37 2013] -e:  SSL_verify_mode explicitly to
> SSL_VERIFY_NONE in your application.****
>
> [Wed Aug 21 07:09:37 2013] -e:
>
> ** **
>
> ** **
>
> *Jose Salviati *[image: Lync-Icon]**
>
> *Technology Consulting | Workplace Technology & Collaboration***
>
> Direct Dial:  (310) 726-2835****
>
> Mobile:        (949) 829-1028****
>
> Email:          jose.salvi...@accenture.com****
>
> ** **

> original. Any other use of the e-mail by you is prohibited.
>
> Where allowed by local law, electronic communications with Accenture and
> its affiliates, including e-mail and instant messaging (including content),
> may be scanned by our systems for the purposes of information security and
> assessment of internal compliance with Accenture policy.

<<image001.jpg>>