I guess you misunderstood the question, Renee. If I read the question correctly, it's meant as "can I have GenericAgent perform a bash script on the ticket?".

Haynes, I can't give an answer to the rephrased problem as above.

If I misread and it's just the question of executing the GenericAgent from a bash script, that's easy. On my very old install of OTRS (so the commands may have different name now) I copied the GenericAgent.pm to a specialized version only run from bash from time to time (as opposed to every 20 minutes via cron, as the standard GenericAgent is). I called it GenericAgentPurgeOld.pm (remember to change the package directive in the perl module accordingly). Then I call the GenericAgent with this module via

/opt/otrs/bin/GenericAgent.pl -c 'Kernel::Config::GenericAgentPurgeOld' -d 1

If that does not answer your question, could you elaborate a bit on what you want to accomplish? What information does the bash script need to be told, and when exactly should it be called? Will the script change the ticket, and will there be anything else done with the same ticket afterwards?

Hope that helps,

        Susan

Renee B schrieb:
You can run any command line command. So your cmd could look like
"/usr/bin/bash /path/to/your_script.sh".

- Renée