Hi,

Am 20.12.13 18:47, schrieb Gerald Young:
> Check Kernel/Config/Defaults.pm and copy the entire CustomerUser section
> to Config.pm and edit there.
>

> On Fri, Dec 20, 2013 at 12:21 PM, Jill Goldstein
> <jill.goldst...@spfsolutions.biz
> <mailto:jill.goldst...@spfsolutions.biz>> wrote:
>
>     Ok, I’ve gotten the lat/long fields added in the back end.  Can you
>     point me to the manual or the file that we have to modify to put the
>     new field in the frontend?____

you may also check this:
http://doc.otrs.org/3.3/en/html/external-backends.html#customer-data

There is an example on how to add a field "room number" to the customer
data, including database modification (which you already did) and
frontend modification.

As Gerald pointed out, you should copy the CustomerUser section to
Config.pm (or another file) and edit there. Never edit Defaults.pm.

--Mathias