Hi,

I created a generic agent to change the owner from OTRS Admin to whosever queue
it goes into. So I have:

Ticket Filter:
Queue: Marlene
State: New
Agent/Owner: Admin OTRS

Ticket Action:
Set new agent/new owner: Marlene
Set new ticket lock: lock

When I run this, it creates a new ticket for each ticket it assigned her the
owner of:

It says,
"Hi Marlene,

Ticket [1003240] is assigned to you by Admin OTRS.

Comment:”

So when I ran this generic agent, it created 20 tickets, since it affected 20
tickets of Marlene’s. All my agents want to be set up like this, so how can I
do this without having new tickets created?
She has her notifications turned off, so I don’t know why this is happening.

First question - how do I stop it from doing this?

Second question - I can’t get generic agent to run automatically - I put it on
10 minutes, 0 hours, and to run every day. It doesn’t run unless I click ‘run
now’.

Also (third question), can’t I just make it automatically run for every new
ticket that comes in?