I need to do some more reading on this but since I started the thread I just
want to clarify that using the postmaster function or using the System
Monitoring piece that the following can be done?

Email comes into OTRS from Solarwinds – each email is always from the same
email address
Email goes through the System Monitoring piece and creates a ticket for a
specific customer (based on the node name or some other unique variable from
the email)
Ticket is opened under customer ID and an email is sent to the customer to
confirm we are aware of the incident and are working on it
SLA starts to tick away at the clock etc etc.
Email comes into OTRS from Solarwinds for the same specific node name and
the System Monitoring piece updates the existing ticket (not creating a new
one) including possibly closing the ticket if the incident clears itself.

So far with that I”m reading this should all be possible and it sounds like
the System Monitoring piece is the “glue” to put this together more than the
postmaster function.

Am I reasonably correct in what I’m assuming above?

Thanks,

Paul