>>> On 30/03/2014 at 16:53, Mimiko <vbv...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Finally I managed to install and set-up a working OTRS v.3.3.6 to work
> without any memory leaks. It's working now stable. But the speed is very
> poor. For a customer to view any ticket, it must wait more than 10 sec.
> This is very much time. I verified that perl and modperl are used. DB is
> on separate host with good performance in mysql.
>
> Monitoring with top, htop and iotop does not show very much CPU or HDD
> utilization. There is 4 cores and it seems that otrs uses only one core.
> Rarely CPU is 100% in use. Also HDD use is less than 20MB/s.
>
> Where to dig to improve performance?
> Thanks

Are you using virtualisation, specifically hyper-v with linux based hosts
running MySQL, and if so, what chips do your NICs run?

If they're Broadcom and all of the above boxes are ticked turn off VMQ on the
chips. There is a bug in the Broadcom drivers that causes some major slowdowns.
Have a look at these.

http://datacenter-flo.de/?p=1469

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/windowsserver/en-US/b7e50892-2ff2-4410-a545-c43584f30674/poor-network-when-create-virtual-switch-in-hyperv-2012?forum=winserverhyperv

http://en.community.dell.com/techcenter/virtualization/f/4472/t/19484292.aspx

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/gg162696%28v=ws.10%29

http://fundamentallygeek.blogspot.co.uk/2012/11/slow-network-access-within-virtual.html

http://www.larmib.com/2013/hyper-v-virtual-machine-very-slow-network-vmq-broadcom/

http://blog.osmicro.org/hyper-v-virtual-machine-very-slow-network-vmq/

BR,
Mark.

Netmania IT Limited
Registered in England No: 4039293
Registered Office: Units E & F, Stowe Court, Stowe Street, Lichfield,
Staffordshire, UK, WS13 6AQ
VAT Reg No: 765 6677 74

This electronic message contains information from Netmania IT Ltd which may be
privileged and confidential. The information is intended to be for the use of
the individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient,
be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of
this information is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in
error, please notify us by telephone or email (to the number or address above)
immediately.

Activity and use of the Netmania IT Ltd's email system is monitored to secure
its effective operation and for other lawful business purposes. Communications
using this system will also be monitored and may be recorded to secure
effective operation and for other lawful business purposes.

--
 Scanned by iCritical.