I’m using OTRS 3.3.7 + perl 5.16 + DBD::Pg 3.4.1 + Postgresql 9.3.5 using IMAPS
to retrieve incoming support email. Many inbound emails are dropped instead of
being stored in the OTRS system due to the error noted in the subject.

The Postgresql databases involved were created using the SQL_ASCII type many
years ago under Postgresql 8.x and Perl 5.8.9. Since I’ve upgraded to
Postgresql 9.3 and Perl 5.16 on this system, we’ve been encountering this error.

I’ve tried setting this in Config.pm:

$Self->{'Database::Attribute'} = "{pg_enable_utf8 => 0}”;

but that just totally breaks OTRS. Any ideas would be welcome.

Guy