Have you checked out the /opt/otrs/scripts/backup.pl and /opt/otrs/scripts/
restore.pl scripts? These are both described at
https://otrs.github.io/doc/manual/admin/stable/en/html/backup-and-restore.html
.

When performing restore from the generated backup files, I usually find
that it's necessary to drop/create the mysql otrs database. Otherwise, the
restore will complain that the database already exists.

On the production environment, generate a backup:
sudo /opt/otrs/scripts/backup.pl -d /path/to/backup/folder

On the test environment:
1. Copy the backup from the production system.
2. Drop/create the otrs database. WARNING: make sure you're on the dev
environment.
mysql -e "drop database otrs;"
mysql -e "create database otrs;"
3. Restore the backup.
/opt/otrs/scripts/restore.pl -b /path/to/backup/folder/YYY-MM-DD_hh-mm/ -d
/opt/otrs/
4. Verify the DB.
su - otrs -c '$HOME/bin/otrs.CheckDB.pl'
5. Re-configure the otrs cron jobs.
/opt/otrs/bin/Cron.sh restart otrs
6. To disable otrs user cron jobs, for testing or to avoid colliding with
an existing production instance, disable the otrs crontab with
'/opt/otrs/bin/Cron.sh stop otrs'.
7. Start the Scheduler.
su - otrs -c '$HOME/bin/otrs.Scheduler.pl -a start'

Hope this helps.

Jay