I ?believe? that the OTRS.com group has already developed such a module (check
www.otrs.com). There are some obvious issues with the solution.

From: otrs-boun...@otrs.org [mailto:otrs-boun...@otrs.org] On Behalf Of Robert
Recchia
Sent: Friday, September 18, 2015 2:15 PM
To: User questions and discussions about OTRS. <otrs@otrs.org>
Subject: Re: [otrs] tickets

I think we might just write a stored procedure to do this I was just wondering
if there was another easier way that I might have missed

Robert Recchia

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:53 PM, Gerald Young <cryth...@gmail.com
<mailto:cryth...@gmail.com> > wrote:

There is no default way to do this. It's not an optimal solution, generally, as
it doesn't take into account load balancing (how long the load of existing
tickets can take) or knowledge of request solutions. I hear there are third
party options and other ticket systems that might do such things, but if you've
got a ticket that is a "did you reboot your computer" and have to wait for n
tickets (being assigned to your n coworkers) to come in before you are assigned
another ticket, is that an optimal way to assign tickets?

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 12:20 PM, Robert Recchia <robr...@gmail.com