I’m not sure which company owns the fiber, but apparently a 288-pair fiber
cable fought a losing battle with a backhoe near Columbus, Nebraska earlier
today. For sure it affects TimeWarner service (data, TV and presumable
telephone) in the Nebraska communities of Seward, York, David City and parts of
Lincoln. Currently technicians are attempting to find enough slack in the cable
for a repair from what I’m told. If not, they’ll have to splice in a new piece
which would push an ETA back to Thursday morning.

---
Andy Ringsmuth
Lincoln, NE 68521-5831
(402) 304-0083