On Fri, 26 Aug 2016, Stephane Bortzmeyer via Outages wrote:

>Several NIST services such as time.nist.gov or www.nist.gov are not
>reachable if you use a DNSSEC-validating resolver (as you
>should). These names are aliases to something under the broken zone
>glb.nist.gov.

>Also, there is no email in the SOA of nist.gov and the whois of .gov
>is not informative :-(

SOA for glb is better.  I sent messages to the former and to
timei...@blouder.nist.gov around 0544Z but at this time of day it seems
unlikely anyone there will notice.  According to dnsviz the problem
appeared sometime prior to 11 hours ago -- alas the previous test they
had was a year ago so not much isolation as to when.

/mark