Hi everyone,

*This is the final mailout for this trip; if you are interested in coming
please let me know as soon as you can!*

For those of us who are not going on the New Year's trip, we've planned an
event that you might be interested in.

What: A day of X-Country skiing and Snowshoeing

Where: Strathcona Wilderness Center (20 minutes out of Sherwood Park)

Who: Outdoor club members

When: December 29, meeting at 9:30 am at Tim Horton's by Earl's on campus. We
will return to Edmonton later in the afternoon ~4 or 5.

Cost: There is a small park entry fee of about $4, and rental skis (if you need
them) which are ~$15. You don't pay anything to us.

Signups: Email Rob at [EMAIL PROTECTED] to signup or for more information.

Carpools: We would like to organize these over the email as well. Please
indicate if you are willing to drive, and how much room you have.

The Strathcona Wilderness Center is a great place to try out snowshoeing or
skiing if you never have before, and it will be a fun day for everyone. If you
don't have snowshoes or skis, you can rent them at the park for the day.
Sheena, one of our exec, has worked at the SWC and has arranged for us to have
access to a cook shelter and campfire out on one of the trails. You should come
and hang out with your UAOC friends (like me) on Christmas break. Bring some
lunch and marshmallows.

We do have to get waivers signed before we go out, and we've decided it would
be best to meet at 9:30 at Tim Horton's by Earl's on campus to get this out of
the way, and make the carpool a bit simpler.

Rob (UAOC equipment manager)