Hey all!

The UAOC and COE have had a great relationship for many years, and continue to offer us great experiences at a discounted rate. Here is some information about their summer programs.

-Justin Smalley, UAOC President

************

Hello,

I am writing on behalf of Custom Outdoor Experience(COE), a climbing school
and guiding center in Nordegg, Alberta (180km West of Red Deer).  We have
worked with various outdoors clubs over the last 12 years and have run
dozens if not hundreds of climbing weekends and courses with them.

We have decided that over the next year we are going to bring together
members of different outdoors clubs for rock climbing, ice climbing, and
glacier travel weekends.  These weekends will be a good opportunity for
participants to meet other outdoor enthusiasts from a variety of clubs and
areas.

The weekends will be offered at a 20% discounted rate over our regular
courses in the hopes this will encourage outdoor enthusiasts to try their
hand at climbing as well as to encourage non-members to join their local
outdoors club.  The total cost for the weekends will be $240 including tax.
This includes accommodations and home cooked meals at the Sheiling Mountain
Lodge, certified ACMG guides, all equipment, and transportation during the
weekend.

Here is the schedule for this summer's outdoors club weekends:

May 11th(evening) - 13th: Glacier Travel and Crevasse Rescue Course - no
experience necessary.

June 8th(evening) - 10th: Intro Rock Climbing - two days of rock climbing,
no experience necessary.

Aug 12th(evening) - 14th: Intro Rock Climbing - two days of rock climbing,
no experience necessary.

Aug 14th(evening) - 16th: Sport Climbing Course - two days learning to lead
bolted rock climbs, must have taken 'intro rock' or have equivalent
experience.

Aug 24th(evening) - 26th: Intro Rock Climbing - two days of rock climbing,
no experience necessary.

Sep 14th(evening) - 16th: Sport Climbing Course - two days learning to lead
bolted rock climbs, must have taken 'intro rock' or have equivalent
experience.

Winter 2007/2008: dates for ice climbing weekends not yet set.

Custom dates are also available for groups of 10 or more.  More information
about these weekends can be found at www.coe.ca/guiding/clubtrips.htm.  As
well, we are willing to give a 5% discount to your clubs members on any of
our regularly scheduled two and three day courses. Check out www.coe.ca for
info on these.

If you feel that some of your members would be interested in these
discounted programs please pass this e-mail along to them or provide them
with a link to our website where they can find more info at
www.coe.ca/guiding/clubtrips.htm.

Contact COE for registration and more information.

Sincerely,

J. Mills
COE Lead Guide

C     Custom Outdoor Experience
O     The Centre for Outdoor Education
E.ca  The Sheiling Lodge
      Phone: (403) 721-2208
      Fax: (403) 721-2268
This is Jay from the COE, I haven't run into you out here in sunny Nordegg
lately but I hope you are having a good spring.  We are setting up a bunch
of discounted summer courses for outdoors club members.  They are open to
members of any outdoors club or the ACC.  Here is the e-mail that I sent out
to all the other clubs.  I know that lots of them have forwarded the e-mail
to all of their members or put it in their newsletter because we have been
taking registrations for some of the dates already.  If you felt inclined to
do the same that would be much appreciated.  Thanks Justin.
[...]

This includes accomodations and home cooked meals at the Sheiling Mountain
Lodge, certified ACMG guides, all equipment, and transportation during the
weekend.

Here is the schedule for this summer's outdoors club weekends:

May 11th(evening) - 13th: Glacier Travel and Crevasse Rescue Course - no
experience neccesary.

June 8th(evening) - 10th: Intro Rock Climbing - two days of rock climbing,
no experience neccesary.

[...]

Sicerely,