On 8 February 2017 at 18:50, Yang, Yi Y <yi.y.y...@intel.com> wrote:
> Then, are you merging
> https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-February/328492.html or
> do I need to do anything else for it?

It looks like the backport breaks the existing kernel module tests on
older kernels, without even using the new functionality. I've provided
feedback on how you might further dig into that, and I don't believe
I've seen confirmation that you observe the same thing, or any
proposed solutions.

I've mentioned previously a preference to see patches backported in
the canonical order. I believe there's just a few patches missing from
before 802.1ad, and discussions are ongoing to address those
backports. I expect with time, those will be proposed and merged, and
then we can look at 802.1ad.

Finally, patches always need review before merging. Given that others
in the community have previously looked into 802.1ad, I was looking to
see that people with more detailed knowledge of these codepaths would
take a first look. I see that Eric has now done so, and there is
feedback to address. I also see that Valentine has provided some
feedback.