On Tue, Mar 14, 2017 at 07:08:54PM +0500, Valentine Sinitsyn wrote:
> Recently, I was evaluating a multi-threaded OVSDB/ovn-northd design, and
> came across the patchset [1].
>
> Looks like this RFC patchset was received well, but never completed. What's
> the reason? No real performance benefits, lack of interest, other
> high-priority tasks or whatever?

It's kind of a combination of those.  Andy got preempted by other
higher-priority work, plus it's unclear whether threading ovsdb-server
solves an important problem at this time.  I'm currently working on
adding clustering support to OVSDB, which ought to allow scaling out
reads, which are most of the OVN workload, so that might solve the same
problem in a different way.