On Mar 22, 2017 11:56 PM, "Joe Stringer" <[email protected]> wrote:

On 22 March 2017 at 09:00,  <[email protected]> wrote:
> From: Numan Siddique <[email protected]>
>
> When ovs-vswitchd sends the NX_PACKET_IN2 message, it may not
> encode ETH_TYPE of the packet.

Hmm, I'm not sure why this would be?

> And with the commit daf4d3c18da
> ("odp: Support conntrack orig tuple key."), the conntrack fields
> are encoded, if set. After the commit 7befb20d0f70
> ("nx-match: Fix oxm decode."), ovs-vswitchd is sending OFPBMC_BAD_PREREQ
> message to the controller for the resumed packets (having conntract
> fields).
>
> With the loose match criteria set to false when
> ofputil_decode_packet_in_private() is called, the prerequisite check
> for the mf field "ct_nw_src" is failing as ETH_TYPE is not set.

The prerequisite checking is there to ensure invariants within the
runtime code, I'm not sure that this approach is the right thing to
do.



I couldn't find a better way.
Before the commit 7befb20d0f70,  prerequisite checking was false for
NXT_RESUME messages. Without this fix, the open stack Ovn CI is blocked

Thanks
Numan
_______________________________________________
dev mailing list
[email protected]
https://mail.openvswitch.org/mailman/listinfo/ovs-dev

Reply via email to