On Mon, Apr 03, 2017 at 11:40:54AM +0200, Matthias May wrote:
> When using openvswitch in combination with a hardware switch attached via dsa
> it may be desirable to prevent frames from being looped back to interfaces
> which reside on the same switch and are already processed by the
> switching fabric in hardware.
> This patch series achieves this by introducing a new parameter port_group to
> be used by the normal action.
> When the port_group is not set explicitly, it defaults to the ofp number.
> Ports which are in the same group will not forward a frame between each other.

Thank you for proposing (and implementing) a new feature!  It's always
great to see new people and companies coming into the Open vSwitch
development community.  I'll take a more detailed look at each patch,
but I have a few general questions here too.

What's dsa?

How is this feature related to LACP?

I guess that the answers to these questions should go in the
documentation as well as in the thread here.

It looks like these patches depend on each other, so that if only some
of them are applied, in some cases the system does not build.  The OVS
philosophy is that each patch should be self-contained, so that after
each one is applied (in order) the system builds, works, is
self-consistent, and is completely documented.  I am not sure yet
because I have not finished review, but it seems likely that this new
feature should be a single patch.

Thanks again!

Ben.