Hi Aaron, checkpatch currently tries to ignores files in the "datapath"
directories but it's not entirely successful.  I think that's because,
in the "parse == 1" case, it doesn't strip a leading "a/" or "b/" from
filenames:
                current_file = match.group(2)
whereas in the "parse == 2", it does:
                current_file = newfile.group(2)[2:]
and the check for "datapath" relies on the / being there:
            # Skip files which have /datapath in them, since they are
            # linux or windows coding standards
            if '/datapath' in current_file:
                continue
I'm not sure where the real bug is.  Should the prefix be consistently
stripped or not stripped?  Once that's decided, it's easy to fix the
problem.

Thanks,

Ben.