> On 24 May 2017, at 09:31, Guru Shetty <g...@ovn.org> wrote:
>
> Does your '/etc/init.d/openvswitch-switch  have the following line:
> https://github.com/openvswitch/ovs/blob/master/debian/openvswitch-switch.init#L30
>
> That line should prevent any redirects to systemd.

yes it does have:

_SYSTEMCTL_SKIP_REDIRECT=yes

but based upon
https://www.turnkeylinux.org/blog/debugging-systemd-sysv-init-compat, I also
tried

export _SYSTEMCTL_SKIP_REDIRECT=yes

but I still don’t seem to be getting the ovs_ctl status.

even with a ‘systemctl daemon-reload’ and a reboot

I don’t know if https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=802018 is
relevant, but it says whatever the issue was is fixed in 232-9. I think I see
232-23 on my system.

# dpkg -l | grep systemd
ii  libpam-systemd:amd64          232-23                      amd64
system and service manager - PAM module
ii  libsystemd0:amd64             232-23                      amd64
systemd utility library
ii  systemd                       232-23                      amd64
system and service manager
ii  systemd-sysv                  232-23                      amd64
system and service manager - SysV links
believed to be clean.