Ben,

Thanks, I will add the additional info as requested.

Regards

John

On 5/30/17, 10:49 AM, "Ben Pfaff" <b...@ovn.org> wrote:

    On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 05:38:11PM +0000, John McDowall wrote:

    > At the request of several people I have put together a few use cases for
day in the life of a packet for the service chain approach. I have written it
up in markdown format as it is easier to review standalone (IMHO). Once
everyone is happy with it I will move in to XML in ovn-architecture.7.xml.

    > The following feedback would be useful:
    >

    >   1.  Is this the required level of detail?
    >   2.  Any other use cases I should add?
    >   3.  Other details that are missing?
    >
    > I have another patch ready to go that includes the latest comments from
Mickey but it requires his pipeline extension patch.

    This is super-detailed, thank you!  It is just the kind of information
    that I like to have as a reference.  If I were going to suggest a way to
    improve it, I would add some introductory material that provides context
    for SFC and the kinds of applications that typically make use of it, as
    well as information on which of those applications this implementation
    does and does not target.

    I did not read any of this in detail.  I'd like to hear feedback from
    other people who understand the purpose and context of SFC better,
    because I'm worried that a lot of my thoughts will be essentially
    nitpicking at the "micro" level without proper attention to the "macro"
    level.

    I'll have a look at Mickey's patch now.

    Thanks,

    Ben.