On 30 May 2017 at 14:21, Darrell Ball <dlu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> ALG infra and FTP v4 support is added to the userspace
> datapath.  FTP v6 support is a small incremental needing
> some additional message parsing support, but very similar
> to v4 and will be added soon.  TFTP support is another small
> incremental on the horizon; it is a subset of the FTP v4 work.
>
> NAT is supported for FTP v4 added here.
>
> The releases faq is not updated with ALG support yet.
>
> This series has a dependency on an earlier NAT series
> below and is meant to be applied on top of that series.
>
> https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-May/333153.html
>
> Darrell Ball (4):
>   dpdk: Move tcp_payload_length to include file.
>   dpdk: Add ALG infra and support FTP V4.
>   tests: Enable userspace datapath FTP v4.
>   Add userpace datapath FTP v4
>
>  NEWS                             |   1 +
>  lib/conntrack-private.h          |  30 ++
>  lib/conntrack-tcp.c              |   7 -
>  lib/conntrack.c                  | 771
> +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----
>  lib/conntrack.h                  |   2 +
>  tests/system-kmod-macros.at      |  10 +-
>  tests/system-traffic.at          |  14 +-
>  tests/system-userspace-macros.at |  13 +-

By the way, trivial feedback on patch naming: Invoking the "dpdk" name
in the patch title usually relates to dpdk device logic. Looking at
the modified files, it seems that "conntrack: ..." would be a more
accurate prefix. Usually just using the name of the module (filename
minus .c/.h) as the prefix is the most clear; git log will tell you
how developers usually name patches for that area of the code.
"dpif-netdev" is another common one for userspace datapath changes.

One of the reasons I bring this up is that the userspace datapath
isn't exclusive to usage with dpdk devices, it's also used on
platforms without a kernel datapath such as FreeBSD.