Hi Ben,

> > > It's time to take another look at NSH, by adding support for the latest
> > > draft.  I posted a patch to kick this off:
> > >
> > > https://mail.openvswitch.org/pipermail/ovs-dev/2017-November/340365.html
> > >
> > > This is the sort of patch that could be backported to 2.8 if that is
> > > desirable.
> > >
> > > After we get the protocol format fixed, I suggest rebasing and reposting
> > > these patches so that we can get enhanced support into 2.9.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> >
> > Ben, no problem, NSH kernel patch will be merged very soon, after that
> > I'll rework this patch series, netlink message format for OVS_KEY_ATTR_NSH
> > has big change per kernel requirement, so userspace part will have some
> > big change for push_nsh and set. action names for data path also need
> > to be changed.
> >
> > We also can start backporting NSH kernel patches to OVS to support
> > compat mode, this requires to backport many kernel patches before NSH
> > kernel patch, it will be great if OVS 2.9 can support both userspace and
> > kernel data path.
>
> Sounds good.

Thanks for the initiative.

I would still like to fix the wire format issue and 2-3 minor bugs on master
and on the 2.8 branch before we start the refactoring on master when the NSH
kernel datapath is finished. I think the nsh_ttl match field and the
corresponding dec_nsh_ttl action can be left to master.

I already had a small patch series prepared for master and branch-2.8 with the
fixes. I will add your initialization of NSH TTL to 63 to it and send out
shortly.

BR, Jan