Thanks!

I think the issue was introduced into OVS by the following commit a long time
ago.

commit 23597df052262dec961fd86eb7c54d10984a1ec0
Author: Joe Stringer <joestrin...@nicira.com>
Date:   Fri Jul 25 13:54:24 2014 +1200

It's a temporary glitch that can cause unexpected behavior only within the
first few hundred milliseconds after datapath flow creation. It is most likely
to affect "reactive" controller use cases (MAC learning, ARP handling), like
the OVN test case that now failed with a small change of timing. So it is
possible that one could notice short packet drops or duplicate PACKET_INs in
real SDN deployments when looking close enough.

My preference would be to backport it all the way to OVS 2.5. But of course I
don't have proof that there are actual problems out in the field that it would
solve.

One could also do a systematic search of unit test cases that apply "sleep" or
"time/warp" work-arounds for the issue and simplify these on master branch. But
I fear I won't time for that.

Regards, Jan