On Sat, Apr 14, 2018 at 2:16 AM, Ben Pfaff <b...@ovn.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 12, 2018 at 05:52:46AM -0700, xiangxia.m....@gmail.com wrote:
>> From: Tonghao Zhang <xiangxia.m....@gmail.com>
>>
>> The bond of openvswitch has not good performance.
>
> I'd really say that the best solution to that is to improve the
> performance, rather than piling on another bonding layer.
Yes, i agree that. I think we can also, support an option for users to
use the native dpdk-bond device.
Because I have used the dpdk-bond in our production environment. I use
it as a interface but not a port.

These patches are RFC and just an option for users, not to replace
ovs-bond function.
If you agree that, I can do works for this. If not, I will drop these patches.

As Ilya said,  we can use virtual device args to create a dpdk-bond,
these patches may make it easy to
modify the mode and policy without destroy devices.

And thanks Jan.