On 4/16/2018 11:32 PM, Pravin Shelar wrote:
On Mon, Apr 16, 2018 at 10:58 AM, Greg Rose <gvrose8...@gmail.com> wrote:
On RHEL 7.x kernels we observe a panic induced by a paging error
when the timer kicks off a job that subsequently accesses memory
that belonged to the openvswitch kernel module but was since
unloaded - thus the paging error.

The panic can be induced on any RHEL 7.x kernel with the following test:

while `true`
do
     make check-kmod TESTSUITEFLAGS="-k \!gre"
done

On the systems I've been testing on it generally takes anywhere from a
minute to 15 minutes or so to repro but never longer than that.  Similar
results have been seen by other testers.

This patch does not fix the underlying bug, which does need to be
investigated and fixed, but it does prevent it from occurring. We
would like to prevent customer systems from panicking while we do
futher investigation to find the root cause.

Can you add stack trace to the commit ?

Sure, I'll send a V2 in a bit.

Thanks,

- Greg