On Wed, May 30, 2018 at 7:49 PM, Kevin Traynor <ktray...@redhat.com> wrote:

> Minutes of meeting Wed 30th May.
>
> [...]
>

> - DPDK 18.05
> -- Will be released today/tomorrow
> -- Some delays due to a lot of patches and last minute bug fixes

Hi,
I wanted to ask if anyone is already looking at DPDK 18.05 toleration or
even exploitation.

I just tried to built recent OVS against it and (there might be more) at
least dpdk change
  cd8c7c7c ethdev: replace bus specific struct with generic dev

breaks OVS due to code in lib/netdev-dpdk.c accessing that with an error
like:

../lib/netdev-dpdk.c:2800:17: error: ‘struct rte_eth_dev_info’ has no
member named ‘pci_dev’
     if (dev_info.pci_dev) {

I re-built an old 2.9.0, but saw that even on master the code still is
as-is, so I assume OVS master and coming 2.9.3 are affected as well.

Usually a few days after DPDK there were patches for OVS, but so far I
found nothing on the mailing list.
So I wanted to ask if there is someone already (planning to) work on these?