On 1/11/19 2:11 PM, David Marchand wrote:

On Fri, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:56 AM Ian Stokes
<ian.sto...@intel.com<mailto:ian.sto...@intel.com>> wrote:
On 1/10/2019 4:58 PM, Tiago Lam wrote:

+        /* Validate the burst of packets for Tx. */
+        nb_prep = rte_eth_tx_prepare(dev->port_id, qid, pkts, cnt);

So one of the gotchas here is that rte_eth_tx_prepare is experimental
although I didn't see any compilation issues (warnings etc.) and it
builds OK with travis.

Indeed, the documentation tells it is experimental, but the experimental tag
has always been missing.
On the other hand, this api has been there since 17.02 and its form did not
change afaics.
I am not sure it qualifies as experimental anymore.

I think that we should fix the documentation and remove experimental tag.

Andrew.
The information contained in this message is confidential and is intended for
the addressee(s) only. If you have received this message in error, please
notify the sender immediately and delete the message. Unless you are an
addressee (or authorized to receive for an addressee), you may not use, copy or
disclose to anyone this message or any information contained in this message.
The unauthorized use, disclosure, copying or alteration of this message is
strictly prohibited.