On Thu, Jan 17, 2019 at 04:49:20AM +0000, Anju Thomas wrote:
> Currently OVS maintains explicit packet drop/error counters only on port
>     level. Packets that are dropped as part of normal OpenFlow processing are
>     counted in flow stats of “drop” flows or as table misses in table stats.
>     These can only be interpreted by controllers that know the semantics of
>     the configured OpenFlow pipeline. Without that knowledge, it is impossible
>     for an OVS user to obtain e.g. the total number of packets dropped due to
>     OpenFlow rules.

Thanks for the patch!  I agree with your motivations--it is useful to
understand why packets are dropped.  I have some comments to add to
Ilya's.

It looks like the drop actions that this formats in
format_odp_drop_action() can't necessarily be parsed by
odp_actions_from_string().  Usually we expect this.  (Probably the syntax
should be adjusted to make parsing more straightforward.)

It looks like xlate_error maps one-to-one to drop reasons (except why is
XLATE_FORWARDING_DISABLED mapped to OVS_DROP_REASON_MAX?), so do we
really want different enumerations?  Mapping back and forth is a bit of
a slog, and there's already a way to translate xlate_errors to strings.

This exports coverage_mutex but I don't see why since nothing new uses
it.  Actually I think all the changes to coverage.[ch] are unneeded.

This adds and removes a number of blank lines, I don't see the value in
that.

Thanks,

Ben.