> I've been taking a look at this patch for the last few minutes.  It
> introduces a lot
> of mechanism for the use case.  Did you consider any simpler mechanisms to
> achieve the same effect?  What prevented them from working?

I agree Ben. This change does bring some complexity to the code. A simpler
solution would be to leave the ofport number in ovsdb record of the interface
(instead of setting it to -1). But issue was when the port delete happens we do
not see this record to be able to free the ofport number. Is there a way to
handle this?

Warm Regards,
Vishal Ajmera