Hi Ben, Mark and All,

Now that branch 2.12 is created, shall we proceed with the OVS/OVN split ?

In order to do the split we need to do the below tasks

In ovn-org/ovn repo
Step 1. Sync the ovs subtree to the latest (from the OVS repo).
2. Delete all the ovn related code from the root dir. Right now there is no
history for the OVN files in the ovn-org/ovn repo
3. Copy OVN files from openvswitch/ovs repo using git-filter-branch. This
will preserver the history.
4. Sync the test files from ovs subtree so that tests pass.

During this period its better to freeze merging OVN related patches in the
OVS repo.
And finally delete the OVN related code from the OVS repo.

I have done a PoC here -
https://github.com/numansiddique/ovn/commits/ovn_sync_from_ovs_v3/p4
All the relates commits can be found here.

Does these steps seem fine ? Any concerns ?
If this seems fine, can we choose a date to start this process ?

Thanks
Numan