On 19.12.2019 12:54, Eli Britstein wrote:
> Currently, netdev datapath offload only accelerates the flow match
> sequence by associating a mark per flow. This series introduces the full
> offload of netdev datapath flows by having the HW also perform the flow
> actions.
>
> This series adds HW offload for output, drop, set MAC, set IPv4, set
> TCP/UDP ports and tunnel push actions using the DPDK rte_flow API.
>
> v1 Travis passed: https://travis-ci.org/elibritstein/OVS/builds/614511472
> v2 Travis passed: https://travis-ci.org/elibritstein/OVS/builds/619262148
> v3 Travis passed: https://travis-ci.org/elibritstein/OVS/builds/622253870
> v4 Travis passed: https://travis-ci.org/elibritstein/OVS/builds/625654160
> v5 Travis passed: https://travis-ci.org/elibritstein/OVS/builds/626692202
> v6 Travis passed: https://travis-ci.org/elibritstein/OVS/builds/627132194
>
> v1-v2:
> - fallback to mark/rss in case of any failure of action offload.
> - dp_layer changed to "in_hw" in case the flow is offloaded.
> - using netdev_ports_get instead of dp_netdev_lookup_port in stats reading.
> - using flow_dump_next API instead of a new API.
> - validity checks for last action of output and clone.
> - count action should be done for drop as well.
> - validity check for output action.
> - added doc in Documentation/howto/dpdk.rst.
> v2-v3:
> - removed refactoring for netdev-offload-dpdk-flow.c file.
> - dropped flush commits.
> - dbg prints rate-limited, and outside lock.
> - added validity check for output action - same flow_api handle for both
> netdevs.
> - added a mutex to protect possible concurrent deletion/querying of a flow.
> - statistics are collected using flow_get API.
> - added more documentation in Documentation/howto/dpdk.rst.
> v3-v4:
> - debug prints moved to netdev-offload-dpdk.c.
> - flow get returns full stats, not diff.
> - removed additional fields from offload_info and dp_netdev_flow.
> - read HW stats during dpif_netdev_flow_get as well as
>   dpif_netdev_flow_dump_next.
> - moved actions offload framework just before support commit.
> - fixed memory leak in rewrite code.
> - dropped clone commit - will be posted in next series.
> v4-v5:
> - statistics collecting changed to populate dp_layer and offloaded
>   attributes. dp_layer changed to "dpdk" for fully offloaded by dpdk.
> - display offloaded:partial for partially offloaded flows.
> - support filter types "dpdk" and "partially-offloaded" in
>   dpctl/dump-flows type=X.
> - simplify code readability of rewrite commits.
> v5-v6:
> - debug prints improvement for partial offload installations. dbg prints
>   for failed actions, warn for other failure.
> - fixed memory leak in case retrieved dpdk port-id is invalid.
>
> Eli Britstein (17):
>   netdev-offload-dpdk: Refactor flow patterns
> [...]

Hi.  I still didn't reach the actual code review, but I applied the series
and tried to make some tests.  Few things:
1. Unfortunately, with this patch-set applied, "make check-offloads" doesn't
   work at all.  I didn't investigate yet, but it seems that flow dumping is
   not working as expected.
2. patch-set needs a rebase on current master.
3. Since commit a13a0209750c ("userspace: Improved packet drop statistics.")
   you need to add support for explicit drop action as I told previously
   (OVS_ACTION_ATTR_DROP).

You may start fixing/implementing this.  Meanwhile, I'll continue my review
and investigation.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.