> I proposed an earlier upload from git as a temporary measure to ease
> the ABI transition. I worry that an ABI transition 2 months after the
> transition freeze is too much to ask, even if it only affects
> src:openvswitch (and src:collectd, but that's a straightforward
> rebuild, no changes needed).
> Nonetheless, let's see if the release team considers this acceptable.

Two things worth mentioning:
1. We will have support for DPDK 20.11 in OVS by next week by Ian Stokes
    This was already validated vs 20.11-rc4
2. On the approach of "upload from git in January to meet Feature
Freeze and then the final version later"
    I wanted to state that Ubuntu did upload OVS that way for years
and never had problems.
    OVS git branches at that time are fairly stable and the commits
landing after Feature Freeze are usually fine to do so.
    So this approach is not an experiment to meet the deadline, but a
common practise