On Tue, Jul 06, 2021 at 08:25:59AM +0200, Adrian Moreno wrote:

> On 7/5/21 4:15 PM, Flavio Leitner wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > On Wed, Jun 30, 2021 at 05:43:54PM +0200, Adrian Moreno wrote:
> >> The match keyword "igmp" is not supported in ofp-parse, which means
> >> that flow dumps cannot be restored. This patch prints the igmp match
> >> in the accepted format (ip,nw_proto=2) and adds a test.
> >
> > I raised concerns about changing the output and break scripts in
> > the past.  However, it seems not removing the keyword also cause
> > issues, so I am not opposing to remove the igmp keyword anymore.
> >
> > Acked-by: Flavio Leitner <f...@sysclose.org>
> >

> Thanks Flavio. Do you think this is an acceptable solution also for stable
> branches?

My concern is that changing the output can potentially break
somebody else's script and that is really bad in a stable
release update.

BTW, this is an user visible change, so I'd say that the patch
needs to highlight that in the NEWS file too.

> If not, how about replacing the flows in ovs-save so that upgrades of stable
> branches work fine?

You mean fixing ovs-save in master or in stable branches?

--
fbl