Hi, Harsha.

I was thinking about 3x performance drop due to enabling
of experimental API that you reported during the meeting
today.  I just want to clarify one thing to be sure that
you're not making the same mistake as I did.

If you're just building OVS without specifying CFLAGS,
binaries will be compiled with the default '-g -O2'.
However, any manipulations with CLFAGS will result with
overriding of these default flags.  Therefore,
./configure CLFAGS='-DALLOW_EXPERIMENTAL_API' will result
in building OVS with the compiler default optimization
level, which is -O0.  On my setup in a simple test,
-O2 works approximately 3-4x faster than -O0.  So, I'm
wondering if you just didn't add '-O2' while building
with experimental API, so the results are so low?
The correct way to configure would be:
./configure CLFAGS='-DALLOW_EXPERIMENTAL_API -g -O2'

I made this mistake several times in the past.  And the
most recent time it was today. :)

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.