Hi Ilya,

Sorry for top posting but I wanted to leave a note on my progress.

I have some patches to disable the Linux builds and remove the kernel
module specific specification files for RHEL/CENTOS and the associated
documentation updates.  There are also a number of automake.mk files
that I had to update.  I hope to post them before the EoTW but will
probably do so at first as just an RFC.  The kernel datapath headers
are still required for userspace to compile correctly and pulling the
threads apart to separate the userspace and kernel datapath
often results in unexpected complications.

The short story is that I think we'll need a number of iterations
to get through this and I will start with an RFC for the first set
of patches.  This will get the conversation started and will help
me identify a lot of things I've probably missed in this first
patch series.

I'll post the RFC patches and get the conversation started by
Friday this week (ends 4/15/22) and we'll see how it goes.

Thanks,

- Greg