I agree that there is value in doing PoCs and we have been doing that for over
a year based on different proposals and none of them show the potential of the
Deferral of Work approach. It isn't productive to keep building PoCs
indefinitely; at some point we need to make progress with merging a specific
solution upstream.

> > Let's have another call so that we can move towards a single solution
> that the DPDK and OVS communities agree on. I'll set up a call for next
> week in a similar time slot to the previous one.
>
> Is there any particular reason we can't use a mailing list to discuss
> that topic further?

The discussion can continue on the mailing list. It just seemed more efficient
and interactive to discuss this in a meeting.

John