previously garps/rarps where only sent for "external" lsp's if these
had an ipv4 address attached. For lsp's on gateway routers that do
not have an ipv4 address assigned (e.g. if they are ipv6 only) no
rarps were send out.

This causes traffic outages when changing the priority of a gateway
chassis as the phyiscal switches to not get the information where the
mac address now resides. To fix this we send out rarps with just the mac
address of the interface and no ip address.

This change has been tested in an environment with 600 logical routers
on a single ipv6 external network.

Additionally we fix the issue that self-created rarp's are flooded
to logical routers even if this is unnecessary (causing ovs to potentially
drop the packet because of too many resubmits).

This change is also available as a PR at https://github.com/ovn-org/ovn/pull/157

Felix Huettner (4):
  logical-fields: add rarp fields
  northd: handle own rarps like garps
  ovn-macros: support ipv6 in ovn_attach
  pinctrl: Send RARPs for external ipv6 interfaces

 controller/pinctrl.c |  23 +++++++++
 lib/logical-fields.c |   8 ++++
 lib/ovn-util.c       |   2 +-
 northd/northd.c      |   9 ++--
 northd/ovn_northd.dl |   2 +-
 ovn-sb.xml           |   2 +
 tests/ovn-macros.at  |   9 ++--
 tests/ovn-northd.at  |  18 +++----

2.38.0
Diese E Mail enthält möglicherweise vertrauliche Inhalte und ist nur für die
Verwertung durch den vorgesehenen Empfänger bestimmt. Sollten Sie nicht der
vorgesehene Empfänger sein, setzen Sie den Absender bitte unverzüglich in
Kenntnis und löschen diese E Mail. Hinweise zum Datenschutz finden Sie
hier<https://www.datenschutz.schwarz>.