On Mon, Jan 16, 2023 at 7:41 AM Eelco Chaudron <echau...@redhat.com> wrote:

> On 16 Jan 2023, at 14:05, Ilya Maximets wrote:

Jan 16.

> >> It would be nice indeed if this could make it into 3.1.  It's contained
> >> enough and only changes behavior when explicitly requested.  On the
> >> other hand it solves the (benign) error message that often raises
questions.

> > OK.  Added this to my queue.

Thanks for applying.

https://patchwork.ozlabs.org/project/openvswitch/patch/167274555298.379205.1390528419336184506.stgit@ebuild/

> > The issue is that the mechanism of removing flows without revalidation
> > should not kick in in the first place.  We need more data on where and
> > why exactly revalidator threads are getting stuck.  I'm not comfortable
> > applying workarounds without RCA.

I think my patch is different. It doesn't remove flows without
revalidation. On the contrary, it allows users to avoid the behavior of
"removing flows without revalidation" completely. And it is not related to
offloading.
Probably the word "disabled" in my commit title was misleading. I sent v2
with title modified and better documentation, hopefully avoiding confusions.

> > I would suggest asking Eelco for review on this patch.  I agree that
> > coverage counters are orthogonal to USDT probes.  If necessary, we
> > could get them after branching as there are no changes in the logic
> > and the patch is very simple.  But, yes, we need to agree on naming.
> > I hope, Eelco and Adrian can help with that.
>
> Replied to the patches. I think the first patch might need some
documentation to describe the 0 value. The second patch would be nice if it
could be aligned with Kevin’s. However, I do not think Kevin will address
his patch in the 3.1 timeframe, maybe we can take the code changes only,
and not his script, and then Han can add coverage counters based on that
patch?

Thanks!

> > We can get this as a bug fix later, as it seems to be a bug fix more
> > than a new feature.  But I had no chance to properly review it.

Thanks!