On Thu, Feb 23, 2023 at 04:09:10PM +0100, Ilya Maximets wrote:
> On 2/23/23 15:19, Ilya Maximets wrote:
> > On 2/23/23 14:02, Simon Horman wrote:

> >> +    AT_CHECK([
> >> +        if ! tc qdisc add dev veth0 handle ffff: ingress; then
> >> +            ip link del veth0
> >
> > Instead of deleting in every branch, we might add on_exit call somewhere
> > at the beginning of this function.  The port will stick around till the
> > end of the test, but I'm not sure if that's a problem if the name is
> > special enough.  Or we may keep one extra del at the very end.
> >
> > With on_exit, can probably be transformed into something like (untested):
> >
> >   AT_CHECK([tc qdisc add dev veth0 handle ffff: ingress || exit 77])
>
> Just AT_SKIP_IF([! tc qdisc add dev veth0 handle ffff: ingress]) should
> work, I guess.

The reason I used AT_CHECK rather than AT_SKIP_IF was to
capture stderr/stdout. Which serves two purposes:

1. It avoids mess on the console - although that could also
   be avoided with something like >& /dev/null
2. The capture output is useful in debugging
   e.g. when developing this script.

I can move to AT_SKIP_IF if you have a strong preference.
But AT_CHECK did seem a bit better to me - except the '77' bit.