On 3/2/23 15:50, Mark Michelson wrote:
> On 3/2/23 09:45, Simon Horman wrote:

>>> Thanks for this revision, Ilya!
>>>
>>> I'm thinking of applying this to the main branch and branch-23.03 before
>>> the release tomorrow.  Mark, Simon, do you guys agree with that?  In
>>> theory this is not a bug fix but it's safe enough IMO and the benefits
>>> are significant.
>>
>> Sounds reasonable to me, though I'm not clear how
>> strict the backporting rules are.

committer-responsibilities.rst says:

  Feature development should be done only on master. Occasionally it makes sense
  to add a feature to the most recent release branch, before the first actual
  release of that branch. These should be handled in the same way as bug fixes,
  that is, first implemented on master and then backported.

We're kind of in that situation now.  Although this series is not a
feature but at the same time not really a bugfix either.

> I'm also fine with this since this is a pretty minor changeset and its
> probability of causing problems is extremely low.

Thanks for your inputs on this and for the patch and reviews!

I pushed this to main and branch-23.03.

Regards,
Dumitru