On 3/25/23 23:41, Han Zhou wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 2:57 PM Han Zhou <hz...@ovn.org
> <mailto:hz...@ovn.org>> wrote:
>>

>> On Fri, Mar 24, 2023 at 7:22 AM Ilya Maximets <i.maxim...@ovn.org
>> <mailto:i.maxim...@ovn.org>> wrote:

>> > Nevermind. :)
>> > Even if it doesn't affect I-P, it may affect full recompute time,
>> > which is also not great.  I'll do some testing and restrict the
>> > use to cross-product sets.
>> >
>> Right, and it doesn't only affect full recompute, but also affect lflow
>> level recompute, which may be triggered by e.g. creating a new ACL, or a
>> local port-group update for an existing ACL.
>>
>> Here is my test script for your reference:
>> https://github.com/hzhou8/ovn-test-script
>> <https://github.com/hzhou8/ovn-test-script>
>>
>> The example in the readme is what I used (skip step 5 because ovn-controller
>> is not the focus here) for this benchmark test. You may use ovn-heater, or
>> something that simply creates a big address set for the same purpose.
>
> Sorry, please just ignore my statements about "skip step 5 because
> ovn-controller is not the focus here" above. Apparently ovn-controller is the
> focus here. Not sure what was going on in my brain :D

Sure. :)

Nice script!  Thanks.  I posted a re-worked v3 now.  I took a slightly
different approach: instead of adding a flag, I re-worked the algorithm
in a way that we will not perform any extra work for normal sets that
do not actually contain any possible supersets, e.g. all are exact matches
or have the same number of bits in the mask.

Testing in my setup with your scripts doesn't show any noticeable difference
in performance for normal PG sets.

Algorithm in v3 should also be way faster for cases where we actually
need to look for supersets, compared to v2.

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.