Hi,

I’m implementing neighbour learning on the chassis-redirect ports for
traffic coming from lport of vtep type and have some misunderstanding of
how MC_FLOOD action works with traffic coming from localnet lports.

Imagine, we’ve got lswitch with 4 LSPs:
- vtep lport (type vtep)
- lrp (chassis-redirect configured router port on hv1)
- lsp1 on hv1
- lsp2 on hv2

My problem is that mcast/bcast traffic coming from vtep lport got flooded
to all logical ports of the lswitch, even for those which reside on
another hypervisor (hv2 in this example), resulting in duplicated packets
on lsp2 vif port.  vtep switch performs source node replication of BUM
traffic, so bcast packets reach normal vif lports + MC_FLOOD in
ls_in_l2_lkup.

I’m comparing behaviour with localnet port in same setup (lswitch with 2
LSPs on different hypervisors) and see there is no such behaviour: packets
don’t get flooded to vif lports on other chassis.
I see that eth.mcast traffic is matched in ls_in_l2_lkup lflow table with
the action 'outport = "_MC_flood"; output;', then it got flooded to only
LRPs of LS and *local* vif lports.
The question is - where is the logic, which prevents flooding from
localnet to vif located on other chassis? Am I missing something?

Let me know if any additional information is needed.

Thanks!

Regards,
Vladislav Odintsov