On 30 May 2023, at 10:39, Hao Jue PX Wang via discuss wrote:

Hello team,

In this stable release doc link https://docs.openvswitch.org/en/stable/faq/issues/, I found this description of STP, I am wondering is there further plan for OVS STP testing? as this STP is very useful in preventing network loop.

"The Open vSwitch implementation of STP is not well tested. Report any bugs you observe, but if you’d rather avoid acting as a beta tester then another option might be your best shot."

I’m unaware of anyone looking at enhancing or testing this feature in detail. Copied the ovs-dev mailing list, as someone there might be looking into this.

Cheers,

Eelco