On 6/30/23 14:33, Eric Garver wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 30, 2023 at 08:57:15AM +0200, Eelco Chaudron wrote:
>>

>> On 29 Jun 2023, at 22:30, Eric Garver wrote:
>>
>>> Probe the datapath implementation for support of OVS_ACTION_ATTR_DROP.
>>> Also add a new test case.
>>

>> Hi Eric,
>>
>> Thanks for the patch, but I get quite some build failures on missing switch
>> cases.
>> Can you take a look? If you build with the --enable-Werror configure option
>> you will see them.
>
> Yeah. I added OVS_ACTION_ATTR_DEC_TTL to the enum, but failed to add it
> to the switch cases. next-next is closed anyways (doh!) so I'll wait a
> couple weeks before I post v2 of this series.

Hi, Eric.

There is an unfortunate timing issue.  OVS will enter a soft freeze
on Monday (technically tomorrow, but it's Saturday, so.. ).

The patch set is simple enough and looks fine in general, except for
compilation issues, so we could still accept it for the current release
during a soft freeze, unless other maintainers don't think so.
But we'll need to get a working version much sooner than in 2 weeks.
If you can post it today or on Monday that would be ideal.

We will need to wait for kernel changes to be accepted before we can
update the UAPI headers in our repo, but we should have about
a week for that from the 10th of July when the net-next opens and
about 17th of July when OVS will branch for 3.2 release.

I will not guarantee that the change will actually be accepted, because
there might be delays on the kernel side or we may find some issues
uncovered during review, but just wanted to lay down the possible best
case scenario here.

Otherwise, we'll need to postpone this series til August.

Thoughts?

Best regards, Ilya Maximets.