Hi everyone,

I have created a new github repo to house scripts for updating and maintaining the OVN website. You can find that repo here:

https://github.com/putnopvut/ovn-website-scripts.git

The justification is that automating website updates is going to be necessary since the OVN team will soon be creating many more point releases than we used to.

In my fork of the ovn-website repo, I deleted the current release content and used the scripts above to regenerate the site content. Unfortunately, I don't have a safe convenient way to link you directly to this version of the website. However, you can have a look at the content by doing the following:

git clone https://github.com/putnopvut/ovn-website.git
cd ovn-website
git pull
git checkout scripted_website
make server

This will open the website in your browser. From there, click on the "Releases" link on the left to browse the script-generated content.

Currently, the content is terse, but hopefully the general idea should be clear. The basic idea is:

* Try as hard as possible to direct people to the latest and greatest OVN.
* Only list supported OVN branches on the left side under "Releases"
* Use separate pages for each release series (a.k.a branch) instead of having a large release table on the "Releases" page.

Please have a look at the scripts and the sample website and let me know what you think. At this point, the general "map" of the site is more what I'm interested in getting feedback on, rather than the small details on each page.

Thanks,
Mark Michelson

As a post-script, among the issues I'm aware of, are:
* The content is terse. In the final product, the language will be more "natural". For example, instead of having a link that says "Changelog", we might have a sentence that says "For a full list of changes in this version, please see the changelog page".
* The pages for each branch are missing links to the documentation.
* The current version does not enforce an ordering of the OVN branch pages on the left side of the page. The final version should list them in reverse chronological order. * The site could do a better job of delineating LTS and non-LTS versions, especially on the "All Releases" page. It's also now missing the dedicated LTS page that explains what an LTS is.