Yes. We also have a bit of a mess in openstack upstream gates where we
committed some stateless security groups test scenarios that rely on a bug
fix that is in the non-released version of the branch. (And it turned out
that our initial attempt to adjust deployment scripts to pull a git commit
hash instead of tag broke some projects.) So it would be nice to be able to
revert back to a proper tag.

Ihar