On 9/26/23 19:26, Mark Michelson wrote:

> 2) I don't think a controller action is necessary. The controller action
> sets some registers and then resubmits to table 40 or 41. I think this
> could be done directly in OpenFlow instead.

Hi Mark,

I didn't review the patch at all yet so I'll just comment on this
specific point:

The controller action is actually necessary in order to "break" the
openflow rule chain that gets executed for packets that need to be
flooded on these large multicast groups.

Otherwise ovs-vswitchd will "combine" those OpenFlow rules into a single
(or a handful of) datapath flow(s) with a huge action set that
sequentially outputs to all ports in the multicast group.

Regards,
Dumitru