Kevin Traynor, Oct 12, 2023 at 17:34:
ok, 'rss' is documented as default, so maybe we don't need to display if it is in use by default, selected by user or as fallback.

That would make things a bit easier as 'rx-steering:' is free to use to indicate the unsupported case.

So maybe status could just have:
'rx-steering:rss+lacp' for user enabled rss+lacp and NIC supports
'rx-steering:unsupported' for user enabled rss+lacp and NIC does not support.

If rx-steering is not reported, then it is using the default 'rss'.

Robin, what do you think ?

It may be surprising to users not to see any mention in get_config() when explicitly setting rx-steering=rss but I don't see that as a common/standard use case. So I think it should be OK.