On 28 Mar 2024, at 16:31, Shahaji Bhosle via dev wrote:

> Hi,
> I am looking for tuning params for scaling OVS-DPDK/TC to million flows. It
> seems like flow dump(revalidator) is not able to collect the stats after
> about 150K flows per second, thus it is trying to delete the flows.
> Any guidance where million flows are offloaded to hardware would be great.
> Thanks, Shahaji

This is probably because it takes OVS a while to get all the stats from the
kernel/driver. What kind of NIC are you using? If it’s Nvidia, which mode, dmfs
or smfs. I’ve seen dmfs being rather slow causing a similar effect as you
describe. Try switching to smfs and see if the problem goes away.

I also assume you use a recent version of OVS, if not make sure your version
includes the following:

  e1e5eac5b016 ("tc: Add TCA_KIND flower to delete and get operation to avoid
rtnl_lock().")

Cheers,

Eelco